[Freeswitch-users] Quirks with pickup/$1

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Thu May 22 11:59:45 MSD 2014

Hi all,

I've been testing pickup/ with groups and individual endpoints, which
works well, except:

1. When setting BLF keys for group pickup, the status shows as 'in use',
not ringing. This prevents the phones (Yealink T28P) from activating
their directed pickup feature.

2. Individual phones can only be picked up if the call is directly from
a single caller. If the call comes via a call group, attempts to pick up
individual phones fail and the group pickup extension must be used
instead.

3. Conversely, calls that are blind transferred to a call group can be
picked up via group pickup, but attended transfers cannot. Obviously, an
unanswered attended transfer is an oxymoron, but if the phones are
configured to allow attended transfers then the user could easily create
such a situation.

I tested this on stable as well as git master, the behavior is the same.
I'll see what I can dig out of the logs tomorrow, when my eyes aren't so
red. Any hints in the meantime as to how I can make the behavior more
consistent would be greatly received!

Francis