[Freeswitch-users] Questions about bridge pattern and variables captured by conditions

Iskren Hadzhinedev iskren.hadzhinedev at ikiji.com
Thu May 22 10:15:40 MSD 2014

Thanks for the response, I should have been clearer.
Yes, local is a profile on which all registered devices are connecting.
sip.test.com is just an alias, but for some reason when calling via the local
profile it doesn't ring, but instead dies with a
NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE, while when dialing via the sip.test.com
alias, it works just fine.

About the condition variables, I ended up with another variable, because some
users are allowed to make local calls but are actually trying to ring a international
number which triggers the anti-action as the toll evaluates as true, but the
destination number doesn't.
Thanks again!

Kind regards,
--
Iskren Hadzhinedev

If my understanding is correct(TM), the first line is attempting to dial
1000 at sip.test.com via a profile called 'local', whereas the second line is
attempting to dial 1000 via a profile called sip.test.com.

For the second question, you can swap the two statements like this:
<condition field="${toll_allow}" expression="local"/>
<condition field="${destination_number}" expression="^([0-9]{6})$">

<action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/${default_gateway}/$1"/>
<anti-action application="answer"/>
<anti-action application="speak" data="Local calls are not allowed!"/>

</condition>

Which will preserve $1 for use in the condition statement without having to
explicitly set it as a variable.
Francis

I'm having some trouble understanding a couple of things.

First is what's the difference between:
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/local/1000 at sip.test.com"/>
and
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/sip.test.com/1000"/> ?

The other question:
With these dialplan rules:
<condition field="${destination_number}" expression="^([0-9]{6})$"/>
<condition field="${toll_allow}" expression="local">
<action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/${default_gateway}/$1"/>
<anti-action application="answer"/>
<anti-action application="speak" data="Local calls are not allowed!"/>
</condition>

The variable $1 doesn't get expanded to the captured expression. Is it possible
to retain it somehow without setting a temporary variable?
Thanks!

Kind regards,
--
Iskren Hadzhinedev