[Freeswitch-users] change sip contact uri options

Nuno Reis nreis at wavecom.pt
Wed May 21 02:26:47 MSD 2014

Hi Brian.

Basically it becomes handy if you can change contact to be a SIP proxy in
front of FS.
I've a scenario with kamailio being the SIP proxy in front of FS both on
the same server. Kamailio handles 5060/5061 UDP/TCP/TLS and FS listen on
5070/5080 (internal/external) both FS profiles have outbound_proxy enabled
and pointing to Kamailio.
In this scenario FS sets contact to: <contact_user>@ext-sip-ip:ext-sip-port
if i have ext-sip-ip, ext-sip-port defined in my sip profiles otherwise it
will be <contact_user>@sip-ip:sip-port.
When SIP passes through kamailio it will be using the Contact set in FS and
will present it to the endpoints and some endpoints answer back using the
contact and not the original source_ip/source_port. When this happens and
my firewall prevents FS from being reached directly from the outside world
i start experiencing issues like drop calls etc.
With that being said it would be useful if i could tell FS to rewrite the
contact with a sip_uri of my own, something simillar to what
contact-user/ext-sip-ip/ext-sip-port profile variable do but without making
FS bind to that IP:PORT which prevents me from setting the same variables
in more than one sip profile.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,

--

*Nuno Miguel Reis* | *Unified Communication** Systems*
M. +351 913907481 | nreis at wavecom.pt
WAVECOM-Soluções Rádio, S.A.
Cacia Park | Rua do Progresso, Lote 15
3800-639 AVEIRO | Portugal
T. +351 309 700 225 | F. +351 234 919 191
*GPS
<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202333747613191340808.0004b4b227a6144f0df88>
| www.wavecom.pt <http://www.wavecom.pt/>** <http://www.wavecom.pt/>*

[image: Description: Description: