[Freeswitch-users] Uptime/Monitoring/Notification

Markus Lindenberg markus.lindenberg at gmail.com
Mon May 19 19:08:53 MSD 2014

Hi Blake,

we're using Nagios with the awesome check_mk plugin.
FreeSWITCH is simply queried using snmp.
This way I can monitor and graph active calls/sessions, sessions per
second, uptime. I wrote some small check_mk SNMP plugins for FreeSWITCH, if
someone's interested I guess I can upload them somewhere.

Additinally we wrote some site specific check_mk plugins that simply query
some stuff using "fs_cli -x" and parse the output (e.g. availabiility of
some special callcenter agents that have to be logged in).

See http://mathias-kettner.com/check_mk.html for documentation on check_mk
plugins. If you know some Python it's really easy to monitor whatever you
want. To get up and running with the whole monitoring stack there's
http://omdistro.org/ from the same guys, it's a complete and integrated
package of everything you need to get a Nagios stack with all popular
plugins running with minimal Nagios knowledge.

Best regards, Markus