[Freeswitch-users] Managed ESL: AccessViolationException

Ian McMaster ian.mcmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 19 17:34:16 MSD 2014

Hi Grant,

Glad things are starting to work out.
I would say that if you properly protect (by a semaphore, etc) access to
your socket connection to ensure a read is exclusive to one thread you will
be fine.

Maybe it is a better idea in the long run to have a dedicated
connection/socket for a hangup listener?
I have a large event subsystem, and my design is to have a parent thread
listening for all events, and distributing those events (i.e. ESLevent) to
interested listeners (by event type).
In this way there is only one socket connection related to event listening.

Could one connection feed the ESLevents to both your hangup listener (task
1), and your general call processor (task 2)?

Ian.