[Freeswitch-users] Can I disable rport?

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Sat May 17 15:53:41 MSD 2014

Hi folks

Can I disable rport on outbound TCP SIP requests?

The rport Via parameter is of course a good thing to set on outbound SIP
requests when using UDP but I think it's a bad thing when using TCP.

This is because outbound TCP requests use a dynamic source port and the UAS
will not be able to establish a new TCP connection to this port if it needs
to, for example to send a response after the connection has been closed.

In most cases this won't be needed - hopefully the original connections
remains open - but with mobility, firewalls, etc, connections do sometimes
get closed between initial request and final response.

Regards,
Richard

--
Richard Brady