[Freeswitch-users] Modifying fax header

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu May 15 19:02:53 MSD 2014

On 05/15/2014 12:41 AM, Peter Steinbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are coming from an hylafax installtion where we had our custom
> headers with German date and page formats. Now we are trying to use
> mod_spandsp fax and found the following:
>
>   * The date is in english, and we would ĺike to change it to a german
>     date or just drop it
>   * The page# is e.g. "P.1", and we would like to change it to "Seite
>     1" or even "Seite 1/5" (Page 1 of 5)

Very few FAX machines allow for languages other than English in the
header, so I never bothered to allow for it. Are you sure it is OK to
just drop the date? I know Germany has some legal requirements for the
header, especially when the FAX is computer generated.

>   * The header is in bold, we would like to have it in normal letters

The header is not in bold.

> Is there a way to change this? Where can I do that?

These modifications require changes to spandsp (which constructs the
headers) as well as to mod_spandsp (which would need to tell spandsp
what the header should be like. They aren't complex changes, though.

Regards,
Steve