[Freeswitch-users] FS Crash when Lua's doing an http hit

Alex Lake alex at digitalmail.com
Wed May 14 20:17:43 MSD 2014

Got a script that uses Lua to hit a webserver while in the middle of a
call to get instructions on what to do next.

It usually works very well.

However, it seems that sometimes (possibly a slow response?) this can
cause freeswitch to fall over.
Any suggestions on ways to deal with this?

This is FreeSWITCH Version 1.2.15+git~20131210T171529Z~fa43a37a82~64bit
(git fa43a37 2013-12-10 17:15:29Z 64bit)

Thinks: From that version, I'm wondering if an update to latest stable
release might be in order!

But I'll post this anyway...

I'm using luacurl with the following bit of Lua:

     c = curl.new()
     text = {}
     c:setopt(curl.OPT_URL,cc_url)
     c:setopt(curl.OPT_USERAGENT, "luacurl-agent/1.0")
     c:setopt(curl.OPT_HTTPGET, true)
     c:setopt(curl.OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 1)
     c:setopt(curl.OPT_TIMEOUT, 1)
     c:setopt(curl.OPT_ENCODING, "utf8")
     c:setopt(curl.OPT_WRITEFUNCTION, WriteMemoryCallback)
     c:perform()
     c:close()
     Rsp = table.concat(text,'')

with....

function WriteMemoryCallback(userparam,s)
     if s then
             text[#text+1] = s
             return string.len(s)
     else
             return 0
     end
end

So any suggestions on further diagnostics that I should post (is there a
stacktrace or anything similar available?)

Or just observations on whether getting Lua to do such tricks is
inadvisable and there is a better way!