[Freeswitch-users] Set command is not working with the variable value in freeswitch

Ian McMaster ian.mcmaster at gmail.com
Fri May 9 15:46:08 MSD 2014

Nikhitha,

I doubt that the poor response time is caused by the script itself.  For
example, from the shell, time your script using "time <script.sh>".  You
will probably get a time around 10ms.  This should not be a concern, and
would be difficult to improve.
The problem most likely is the choice of using 'system'.  A system() call
is an expensive choice in terms of performance.  There is a lot of overhead
going on in the operating system in the process.
You can perform a few quick tests to see where your issue lies:  Use the
freeswitch logs to see what the total time of the system call is, and then
use the "time <script.sh>" to see what the time is from the shell.  I think
you will find that the issue is "system" and not the script itself.

Is the performance unacceptable because a live caller experiences an
unacceptable pause?  If so, can you run the system command prior to the
start of the script?  There are other approaches to solve your problem, but
they increase in complexity.

Ian.

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org