[Freeswitch-users] Memory

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Thu May 8 04:26:02 MSD 2014

What distro are you using? I'm on Debian, which typically fills up
memory over time, no matter what is running. It's all about caching
stuff to avoid disk access. I haven't noticed any performance issues,
running EXT4 with the defaults means data is journaled and committed at
5 second intervals. I typically have ~20% memory free at any given time,
enough to allow for sudden influxes of calls or whatever.

There is a cron job entry in a FusionPBX install script that flushes ram
caches and sync's the disk, you could try it and see if it helps:

#!/bin/sh
sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

-Francis

On 2014-05-08 15:56, Keith wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just a general question, does anyone else have memory management issues with freeswitch? I am seeing that it seems to gradually consume memory without properly freeing it up until you restart FS. Is this normal? I am using the latest stable release.
>
> Many thanks,
> Keith

> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com [1]
>

>  [2]