[Freeswitch-users] Internal Sofia profile fails to load if STUN fails

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Tue May 6 16:46:45 MSD 2014

I came across this accidentally, because of a broken firewall.

I rebooted a Freeswitch server, which came up but failed to load the
internal profile. When trying to reload the profile from fs_cli, I got
an error message that the stun server was invalid, which wasn't the
case, it was just the firewall blocking traffic. Disabling the firewall
and restarting the server got everything working again.

This effectively prevents a server from functioning, in the event of
having to reboot during an internet outage or if the stun server is
temporarily inaccessible. I'd rather the profile load regardless and
continue to probe the stun server until it gets a response. Is there any
way to set this?

Francis