[Freeswitch-users] softswitch

Dan Christian Bogos danb.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 2 17:27:45 MSD 2014

Hi Hassan,

Yes, I know the details of the configuration (done the benchmarks myself).
Actually we are pretty serious with these benchmarks, by default CGRateS
coming with it's own stress tool (cgr-tester binary) which you can use
to benchmark your own rating profiles.

The machine we have used is a virtual host with a one Intel 3.4 GHz CPU
and 1GB of RAM. Hardisk does not matter since we do not store anything
for calculations on HDD. All the data we use in rating calculations is
cached using own cache mechanism.

On this machine we got the following stats (querying cost for one
emulated call repeatedly -100k times) :

1. No network involved in query, (querying internally within the same
process):
      163655 requests per second.
Applicability: CGR-SM component directly attached to FreeSWITCH with
internal connection to the rater.

2. Remote RPC using GOB as transport:
      12501 requests per second.
Applicability: CGR-SM running on the same host with FreeSWITCH, remote
rater (eg: charging for a cluster of FreeSWITCHes).

3. Remote RPC using JSON-RPC as transport (worst case scenario):
      6221 requests per second.
Applicability: Third party written session manager using CGR-Rater
component for it's rating and implementing it's own call handling logic.

I should mention that the number of requests per second should not
decrease with the number of destinations you search since we use
individual hashes in our cache and tested so far with 6.5 Mil.
destinations without impact on performance.

Happy to go deeper in your questions, not sure if appropriate to abuse
here the mailing list for them, otherwise you can always join our
mailing list or irc channel for a more interactive conversation.

DanB

PS: For the sake of correctness the screenshoot of the performance
benchmarks I am talking in this email is available to be directly sent
to you if interested (not accepted by the mailing list because of size).