[Freeswitch-users] RTCP FIR on floor change/new member join

Hristo Trendev dist.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:52:29 MSD 2014

Hi,

One of the browsers that I used for the initial testing was Chrome on
Android 4.3. I guess this was causing some of the problems.

I retested with the latest version from master (0876df6). When I make the
test with two desktop browsers indeed a new keyframe seems to be requested
on every floor change, as in this case the video stream switches almost
instantly.

However, the problem is still present for anyone who has just joined a
conference. Unless the floor changes shortly after someone joins, he has to
wait for the next keyframe. This is really simple to reproduce if there is
only one speaker in the conference and all the others who are joining the
conference are muted by default - in this case there is virtually no chance
of a floor change to occur.

Is a FIR packet also sent when someone joins a conference or is it
currently only sent on floor change events?

Best
Hristo

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org