[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH changing max_sessions automatically

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 12:09:11 MSK 2014

Take  a look in your FS logs..
Im pretty sure you will see the whimsical & Awesome log message :

*LUKE: I'm hit, but not bad.LUKE'S VOICE: Artoo, see what you can do with
it. Hang on back there....*
this is in thread_launch_failure in switch_core_session.c ( around line
1714 )
and around this code you can easily see the following

sess_count = switch_core_session_count();
if (sess_count > 110) {
switch_core_session_limit(sess_count - 10);
as you can see, it bumps 10 off your SPS, every time thread_launch_failure
is called.

thread_launch_failure is called whenever switch_thread_create fails to
create a thread.
which basically means apr_thread_create

I have seen this myself with MUCH lower SPS on openVZ machines, but since
your seeing it also im now hoping we can nut this out :)
im going to dig a little more and see what I can find.

what openVZ kernel are you using out of interest ?
ive seen this on a fairly old, but stable 2.6.32-19-pve

let me know what you find !

Sincerely

Jay