[Freeswitch-users] Faxing with FreeSWITCH

bruce at sqls.net bruce at sqls.net
Tue Mar 25 18:40:34 MSK 2014

------ Original Message ------
From: "Ali Pey" <alipey at gmail.com>
To: "FreeSWITCH Users Help" <freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org>
Sent: 3/25/2014 9:52:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Faxing with FreeSWITCH

>Have you done any performance testing? How many concurrent faxes can
>you do?
>

>Yes, in Lua you can do transfer to FAX_DETECT extension. It's fairly
>simple. If you choose to go that route, I can help you to set it up.
>
>Try api_hangup_hook for post call processing. It gives you whole lots
>of information. You can also save additional parameters in channel
>variables and access them there in hangup hook.

No, I haven't done any performance tests.  I'm not sure how I would do
that either :).  I'm pretty new to FreeSWITCH and I've never used LUA
before I started this project so all and all.. I'm mostly clueless.
There's probably a number of best-practices I just haven't read or
learned about yet.

Right now I'm just trying to get it to log everything and be as reliable
as possible :)   I am curious about how to do the extension transfer
stuff in LUA.  Everything I learn at this point is a big bonus to making
this work best.

Right now all the post call processing is just happening in the same LUA
script.  I do call "hangup" after the fax is received though.  Is there
a big advantage to splitting the script up into two scripts? One for the
call and another for post call stuff (logging, emailing, etc). ?