[Freeswitch-users] Faxing with FreeSWITCH

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Mon Mar 24 23:15:08 MSK 2014

The fax detect function starts listening for fax tones while the call
continues.  You are right, in that it is a non-blocking function.

What you probably need to do, after making sure that media is
established, is call fax detect, then give the caller something to do
while you wait for a possible fax tone.  You could just play silence to
the caller for a few seconds, unless there was something more relevant
to do.  I believe that the original intent of fax detect was to be
invoked just before an IVR was run, so that a voice caller would just
listen to the menu, but a fax would start making tones that could then
be detected, transferring the call to the named extension where it would
be answered as a fax.

Hope that helps!