[Freeswitch-users] Hash sharing between 2 FS servers

Kevin Mathy k.mathy at hexanet.fr
Mon Mar 24 18:06:34 MSK 2014

Hi list,

Today I'm trying to share some "limit" hashes between two Freeswitch
servers (both running on 1.5.8b git version), but it doesn't work.

I've made some tcpdump captures on the server which is trying to pull data
from the other, and it seems like when pull requests are sent
"automatically" (due to the hash.conf.xml configuration) there's no
authentication phase before the "hash_dump" command is sent.

Admitting that there's no necessary authentication, and that it's not an
issue, nothing is received on my server, no hash is added...

When I execute "hash_dump all" on the first server, I see something like :
L/outgoing_0352620101/1/1/1/1395671049

And when I execute "hash_dump all" on the 2nd server, nothing is returned.

And finally, when I try to crash the 1st server and recover the calls on
the 2nd one, the leg with limit applied is simply "dropped" because of the
lack of hashes on the 2nd server.

So, maybe I forgot to set something on hash or event_socket, or anything
else, configuration, and you'll be able to tell me ?

Also, if you have any other idea to make a concurrent call limit to be
shared between multiple FS servers, I'll be glad to ear it ! ;-)

Thanks a lot,

*Bien cordialement, Best Regards,  **Kevin MATHY* | Ingénieur VoIP