[Freeswitch-users] Codec negotiation with ESL socket?

Ian McMaster ian.mcmaster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:10:01 MSK 2014

Our current Polycom phones send the following in the SDP:

a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000

a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000

a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000

We added a 550 phone and now the preferred coded is G722

*a=rtpmap:9 G722/8000*

a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000

a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000

a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000

Our IVR application (socket) plays files recorded in PCMU format.

When the new phone connects (G722), the play function is now looking for
files ending in .G722 (which do not exist).

How do you negotiate a codec without a B leg? I'd like the phone to use
G722 when connected to other G722 phones, but use PCMU if connected to a
socket application.

Thank you,
Ian.