[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and Apple Facetime?

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Sun Mar 16 00:13:57 MSK 2014

Oh hey I know that blog ;)!

While implementing SIP body compression support is an important first
step towards interop there's still a long way to go. Next obvious step
is implementing SIP, RTP, and RTCP muxing over a single socket
although this probably isn't required.

Then you'd need to figure out how Apple is handling discovery and
authentication (of which there is none via SIP currently). IIRC the
trace I was provided included some strange looking STUN traffic that I
didn't investigate further.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM, William King
<william.king at quentustech.com> wrote:
> After reading this blog post:
> http://blog.krisk.org/2013/09/learning-stupid-nat-tricks-from-apple.html
> and
> http://blog.krisk.org/2013/09/learning-stupid-nat-tricks-from-apple.html
> and the last couple weeks worth of Week in Reviews(the SDP compression
> support).
>
> I started wondering what is left to be able to have FS support Apple
> Facetime. Anyone have devices and interest to test?
> --
> William King
> Senior Engineer
> Quentus Technologies, INC