[Freeswitch-users] Media delay when calling FS from a WebRTC client

Oleg Stolyar olegstolyar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 00:57:54 MSK 2014

Hi guys,

does anyone know what is causing media delay after the call is connected in
this case?

Usually delays in WebRTC are caused by ICE candidate gathering and I am
seeing that on my client (JsSip demo).  However there is another delay in
getting media after the call is connected.

I found an old Jira ticket where Anthony mentioned that on FS demo servers
there is a 2.5 sec delay in answering but I could not find info on what is
causing this delay.

It seems to me that FS does not need to gather ICE candidates since it can
(and does) take the only candidate from the ext-rtp-ip variable.

So, why the delay?

Thank you
Oleg