[Freeswitch-users] Gateways Registration / Authentication

mbo mbodbg at gmx.net
Thu Mar 6 18:56:47 MSK 2014

I’ve set up a sip trunk between two freeswitches.

On freeswitch A I’ve configured a gateway

 <gateway name="testgw2">
      <param name="username" value="toni"/>
      <param name="password" value="toni456"/>
      <param name="proxy" value="192.168.1.135"/>
      <param name="register" value="true"/>
      <param name="caller-id-in-from" value="true"/>
    </gateway>

on freeswitch B I’ve configured a user appropriate to the gateway

<include>
  <user id="toni">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="toni456"/>
      <param name="vm-password" value="1000"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
    </variables>
  </user>
</include>

To call from freeswitch A to freeswitch B I've configured the following dialplan

 <extension name="test">
   <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(12345)$">
     <action application="bridge" data="user/toni"/>
   </condition>
 </extension>

Now my question. However freeswitch A is registered to freeswitch B with the gateway user, I get a "Proxy Authentication Required" SIP message as response to an invite. This is because I have set the parameter „auth_calls" in the sip profile to true. Is there a way to configure the sip profile or gateway to accept calls only from this gateway? If I change the parameter „auth_calls“ to „false“, I do not get the "Proxy Authentication Required“ message, but then all calls received on this profile do not need authentication.

Thanks

Markus