[Freeswitch-users] fail2ban not works if userid is known

Shahzad Bhatti shahzad.bhatti at g-r-v.com
Tue Mar 4 20:48:00 MSK 2014

hi everybody, today i test

https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Fail2ban

and found that is really amazing and its working fine for me, but i thought
there may be some fixes still needed because if someone know the userid and
try to register on freeswitch then even after multi attempts the requester
ip still not blocked so, it may effect the efficiency of the freeswitch.

so my concern is that is it possible that for multiple attempts failure
even userid is correct then fail2ban also banned that respective ip or not
and if it banned that then how?

Regards

Shahzd Bhatti