[Freeswitch-users] any way to use a hook/event for voicemail notification instead of email?

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Sun Jun 22 20:57:14 MSD 2014

Seems like it would enable a bit more functionality if the notification were optionally handled as a hook, with the msg
id/other data as parameters.

In addition to enabling a bit more control of the content beyond the basic templates - this might also enable other
functionality - such as triggering automatic transcription.

I didn't see anything in the mod_voicemail wiki page, but figured I'd ask if there was any other trick for accomplishing
this. From a look over the code, I'm not seeing any obvious way to have the event based codepath trigger but not the
email notification unless I've missed something.

A minimal means to handle this might be adding a parameter to disable voicemail email notification, but leave in all of
the voicemail event generation.

Thoughts?

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       nneul at mst.edu
Missouri S&T Information Technology    (573) 612-1412
System Administrator - Architect