[Freeswitch-users] Multi-Tenant Versus Multiple FS Instances

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 15:33:19 MSD 2014

It's also worth mentioning that multi tenant implementation is *hard*,
especially when used with ESL or mod_xml_curl etc.

There are some existing systems that use FS which give you decent multi
tenancy support, or with some hard work and a lot of testing you could do
it yourself.... It really depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Multi tenancy comes in very handy when you want to allow burstable
resources, for example a customer could idle at around 2 CPS, and then
burst into the thousands without requiring a machine upgrade. Generally
speaking, it allows you to be more flexible, but it really depends if
you've done a good enough job getting it configured correctly. If it's not
done correctly, you could shoot yourself in the head... cross customer CDR
contamination, internal calls diverted to the wrong domain and all sorts of
nasty things.

If you're new to FS and want to go with multi tenancy, and need something
out the door asap, you'd honestly be better going with one of the existing
systems that uses FS. However if you've got a couple of months to burn and
a good in-house programmer, it might be worth doing it yourself.

My two cents at least.

Cal

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Jerry Richards <jerry.richards at teotech.com