[Freeswitch-users] STUN Binding request times out after 200 OK received on client

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh1017 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 18:09:34 MSD 2014

Hi,
I am developing an iOS calling App with libnice for ICE capabilities. The
calls go through freeswitch and since freeswitch supports ICE, I expected
it to work out of the box. But I have a problem. The way libnice works is
as follows:
1) The client sends INVITE with his candidates.
2) Freeswitch parses the candidates.
3) Immediately after 200 OK is received, I can see FreeSWITCH choosing an
ICE candidate and logging "Activating Audio ICE" indicating the IP and Port
and it sends media/RTP to.
4) But the libnice agent tries to look at the candidates received in 200 OK
and tries to send a STUN binding request to FreeSWITCH IP as that IP is
mentioned as ICE candidate in the 200 OK coming from freeswitch.
5) The FreeSWITCH doesn't respond to that STUN binding request and libnice
agent times out.
6) Ideally, if libnice gets back a response from the freeswitch, it should
initiate a Re-INVITE with the candidate pair selected.

Now here, the freeswitch starts sending RTP to client's candidate, but the
client gets stuck because the candidate pair is not formed as the libnice
agent keeps waiting for a response for the STUN Binding Request.
Is there anything that I am missing here. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

--- Jayesh