[Freeswitch-users] Extend DTMF console logging

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Jun 6 02:14:04 MSD 2014

Out of curiosity, are you actually watching the console in this scenario?
The reason I ask is that if you need to see which channel sent the DTMF
then you probably have multiple concurrent calls. However, if you have
multiple concurrent calls then you probably have all sorts of console debug
messages flying up the screen.

If you are looking at the freeswitch.log file after the fact then you can
take a step in the right direction by enabling uuid logging. In
conf/autoload_configs/logfile.conf.xml make sure this line is enabled:
<param name="uuid" value="true" />

Once you identify the uuid of the call in question you can then easily grep
(or whatever) the log file for lines with that uuid. From there it will be
easy to see the DTMFs only for that specific channel.

Just a thought...
-MC

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 2:17 AM, Grant Bagdasarian <GB at cm.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> In switch_channel.c line: 471 there is a function call to log the received
> DTMF. I believe there is one in switch_rtp.c as well.
>
> Is it possible to extend this to also include on which channel the DTMF
> was received?
>

> There is a channel reference available in the function, so it could be
> extended, I’m just not sure how to since I don’t know C J
>

> if (!sensitive) {
>
>                 switch_log_printf(SWITCH_CHANNEL_CHANNEL_LOG(channel),
> SWITCH_LOG_DEBUG, "RECV DTMF %c:%d\n", new_dtmf.digit, new_dtmf.duration);
>
> }
>

> FS_cli currently only logs something like: switch_channel.c:471: RECV DTMF
> 1:200.
>
> It would be convenient to see something like: switch_channel.c:471
> sofia/outbound/1000 at 10.10.10.10:5060 RECV DTMF 1:200
>

> Can someone show me how to? Or provide patch? Maybe add it to the master
> branch?
>

> Thanks
>

> Regards,
>

> Grant