[Freeswitch-users] query database for VM active greeting number?

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Wed Jun 4 19:55:16 MSD 2014

Hello,
I'm trying to find a users active greeting number.  See the tl:dr
below for big picture.   I thought maybe vm_fsdb_pref_greeting_get
would be what I'm looking for but I think that may only return the
filename of a specific greeting where [slot] is the greeting number.
Although I wasn't able to get this command to work for some
reason...."profile not found" using 'default'.  Could anyone tell me
if I can do this within FS or do I need to run a query externally on
the DB.  By the way I'm using the default sqlite db.

tl:dr
Ultimately I'm looking to leverage the existing VM greeting recording
functionality to enable an end user to add important announcements
before the regular IVR begins.

Once the active greeting is in a variable, the IVR would reference a
wav [absolute-path]/greeting_${active_greeting_number}.wav.   When not
in use, greeting 9 would be active, referencing a non-changing wav
with a ~a millisecond of silence so as to not break the IVR.

Thanks much!

Peter Hartmann
Hartmann Computer Consulting
http://blog.hartmanncomputer.com
(212)203-8870

If I can't explain it to you in plain language, that means I don't
understand it.