[Freeswitch-users] G.729 Passthrough question

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:49:25 MSD 2014

Steve,

Yes, all surveys are handled by DTMF with the addition of some open ended questions (not more than one or two per survey).  I only use RFC2833 for DTMF, since my SIP providers require that  I use G.729.
The open ended questions just get recorded and someone listens to them and codes them later.
DTMFs can be a pain, since some upstream providers might not support them well.  Because of the call volume I have, many times. I have alerted my Sip providers as to misconfigured routes they have with their peers.
My system has 2670 call channels, most on E1 ISDN with Dialogic cards, but 900 of those are handled by FS, since I have stopped buying E1/Dialogic 3-4 years ago and now only grow my system with VoIP and FS.
I would be glad to answer any questions regarding DTMF or anything else related to this system.

Regards,

Guillermo

Sent from my iPhone