[Freeswitch-users] Polycom hold problems?

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 17:02:12 MSD 2014

Hi,

  After upgrading from Freeswitch 1.2.23 to 1.4.6 my users started to
complain that they cannot use hold on incoming sessions on Polycom phones;
when they try to return from hold the call is disconnected and I get a
console error "CODEC renogotiation error".

Our Polycom phones are set to offer SRTP, thus, on outgoing call they use
SRTP but not on incoming. In the above scenario, when the user tries to
return from hold, the phone sends SAVP with SRTP, although the original
call was not encrypted, and this causes this error message.
I had to disable SRTP on the Polycoms to make hold working again.

BTW, this happens with Polycom 3.3.4 but not with 4.0.5 (but I cannot
upgrade to it since it behaves erratically).

Anyone else noticed this as well?

                        Thanks, __Yehavi: