[Freeswitch-users] Latest master and latest v1.4 consume more CPU for conferences

Oleg Stolyar olegstolyar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 02:31:46 MSD 2014

Hi guys,

I have my FreeSWITCH running a bunch of conferences with two or three users
using PCMU/8000 from all the user agents.  I have the conference sample
rate set to 12000 to get around a strange bug I reported a couple of months
ago.

In my old installation with master from May 22 2014, the servers consumed
about 1.2%-1.3% CPU per two-person conference.

In the latest master AND in the latest v1.4 it went up to about 1.6%-2.0%
CPU per two-person conference.  CPU usage by the FreeSWITCH process also
jumps up and down more.

Additionally (not sure if it's related) the latest master crashed less than
24 hours after it started taking live traffic.  I ma trying to get the core
dump and see if v1.4 also crashes but including the info here in case it
gives someone an idea of what's going on with the CPU.

Any ideas as to what's causing the increased CPU usage would be greatly
appreciated.