[Freeswitch-users] Server having two Sangoma cards and can't handle full capacity

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:49:23 MSD 2014

Have you followed all instructions here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Performance_testing_and_configurations#FreeSWITCH.27s_core.db_I.2FO_bottleneck
?

Have you set logging to a reasonable level?  What does top or htop say?
 How is the machine configured (CPU / RAM / HDD subsystem) ?

What are you doing after the calls are connected?  What other software is
running on the same machine?

Regards,

Guillermo

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> You don't mention the version of FS or the specs on the machine.
>
> Have you tried asking Sangoma for ideal setup for your needs or for
> support?
> On Jul 30, 2014 12:44 AM, "Sambit Jaysingh" <sambit.jaysingh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We are having two (Sangoma) Voice Cards, one with 8-ports and other with
>> 16-ports.
>>
>> I have integrated ESL library with java in INBOUND MODE and making
>> outbound calls.
>>
>> The issue what we are facing are
>> 1. When I use all 720 channels or more than 450 channels, we see the
>> events processed by ESL is very slow and we are not getting the events
>> properly from ESL after placing the calls, even after so many minutes, so
>> we have to forcefully close the connection.
>>
>> 2. And I see error mod_event_socket.c:375 Lost 502 events!
>> And the java app also crashes with error ESL connection timeout.
>>
>> 3. And I see segmentation_fault in Freeswitch and big dump file is
>> written and which would crash the system, because of high CPU\IO.
>> But if we reduce the channels say, 450 we don't see any issue at all.
>>
>> What could be the reason for this issue.
>>
>> Appreciate any Help...
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>> Sambit