[Freeswitch-users] Call Waiting + FIFO

Chris Tunbridge blasterjr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 10:17:45 MSD 2014

I have a script that creates fifo's on the fly, and at one point i had it
worked with call waiting, but i don't remember what i did at that time, nor
what changed (months and months ago) however, i cannot seem to get Calls in
FIFO to trigger call waiting on the phones that are set as Members of that
FIFO Queue.

Basically if i have 2 calls come in, and i answer one, i want the 2nd call
to ring through to my phone (as well as others) even though i am already on
a call, Call Waiting currently works if i dial directly to the device (say
extension to extension calling) or even by routing a call straight to an
extension, then trying a second call to that extension.

I have tested this with the same results on the following

Aastra 6757i (Firmware 2.6.2019 and 3.3.something)
Cisco SPA525G2
Polycom SoundPoint IP 550
Jitsi SoftClient
X-Lite Soft Client.

The behavior is the same regardless of the endpoint, i even tried creating
loopbacks in order to trick the system, but from what i can tell, the
server isn't even attempting to call the phone that's currently busy.

The problem is that we have clients who get off one call, and have to wait
30+ seconds (fifo_member_timeout) before they can answer the next call,
I've tried adjusting lag and it seems to have no impact.

I'm working on getting a wireshark of this behavior, but i just wanted to
reach out and see if the current behavior is in fact the correct one, and
if not, or if there's a solution what i can do about it.

Have i overlooked something ridiculously small?

Here's what my fifo list <id> looks like
http://pastebin.freeswitch.com/22943

Please let me know if you need anymore information.