[Freeswitch-users] Dropped and duplicated DTMF digits

Chris Young Chris.Young at enghouse.com
Tue Jul 22 17:04:21 MSD 2014

Hi all,

We are experiencing problems with DTMF collection using FreeSWITCH 1.4.6. The symptoms are missed or duplicated digits when decoding DTMF sent using RFC 2833 from Cisco phones; for example, given the sequence:

                1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 #

we might typically end up with something like this after FreeSWITCH has processed the received RTP:

                1 2 3 5 7 7 8 9 9 #

Using Wireshark, we can see that all the expected RTP events are present on the wire but FreeSWITCH seems to have difficulty in processing them all consistently. I've tried setting the following manual RTP bugs (bit of guesswork here I'm afraid, these may or may not be relevant):

                IGNORE_DTMF_DURATION
                ACCEPT_ANY_PACKETS

but unfortunately neither made any difference. Are there any other settings we could try which might help? Or is this a known problem with some other workaround?

Regards,
Chris

Chris Young
Software Engineer
[cid:image05853e.PNG at 376d53fe.46b309f7]
t:  +44 118 943 9249
e:  Chris.Young at enghouse.com<mailto:Chris.Young at enghouse.com>
w: www.enghouseinteractive.co.uk<http://www.enghouseinteractive.co.uk>
[cid:image3d627d.PNG at c805b5df.4cb095da]