[Freeswitch-users] How to get notified when a conference recording ends?

bernhard at zeppelindesk.com bernhard at zeppelindesk.com
Fri Jul 18 13:30:45 MSD 2014

Hi all,

what I want to archieve is recording a conference call in MP3 Format. As FS only allows for WAV recordings, I'm happy to transcode to MP3 after the recording has stopped.

Recording will be started via ESL using "conference conf_name recording start /recording/filename.wav". Now there are 2 possible ways of how to end recording.
Stopping recording via ESL (the easy one as the control application can start transcoding immediately afterwards).
The conference ends as all participants leave (the hard one)

The "record_post_process_exec_app" variable (*1) doesn't seem to work. The set application is never executed, neither on 1 nor on 2.

Is there any other way to be notified about a finished conference recording other than to check the participants count for each recorded conference on a regular basis?

Regards,
Bernhard

*1 [ https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_record_session#Post_Processing_Recordings_in_the_Dialplan ]( https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_record_session#Post_Processing_Recordings_in_the_Dialplan )