[Freeswitch-users] Any one have experience for Asterisk register on freeswitch ?

Shaw X shawx8 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 21:14:00 MSD 2014

I am newbee of freeswitch.( many year experience on asterisk / Elastix /
freepbx)

I checked freeswitch is great as a soft switch, and Asterisk (Elastix /
freepbx / PIAF and so on) have more feature as the pbx.

So my idea is using freeswitch as the the main hub ( to SIP trunk, which
will provide hundreds DID to many PBXes like asterisk.

I checked forum, looks the wiki only have FreeSwitch as the client of
Asterisk, which my requirement is reverse. Asterisk as FreeSwitch client.

I tested using x-lite can successfully register on freeswitch, and can dial
in dial out with no problem,

however, I using Asterisk (Elastix) register on FreeSwitch ( both public
IP), at Asterisk side, I can see asterisk registered on freeswitch,
however, I use another freeswitch exten (for example 1003 as example
config) dial asterisk (exten 1000 ) system not working. ( voice response,
"the exten 1000 is not available, ....".) but if I using x-lite register
the free switch, 1003 can dial / ring 1000.

system environment is Debian 7.5 with binary code from freeswitch. (not
compile on the Debian VM) Debian 7.5 is install as a Virtual machine on
VMware 5.5 host.

another problem is MOH not working.

Any ideas are appreciated.