[Freeswitch-users] Adding new Gateway with registration false - incoming calls works but outgoing calls not

K K kkgp20 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:26:39 MSD 2014

Hello all,

I have the following problem. I have added a new Gateway (SIP Trunk) on my
FS simply by adding new configuration file in the "external" folder, new
dialplan file in the "dialplan\default" folder and adding the CIDR of my
Gateway as the allowed domain in the acl.conf.xml. And it works perfectly.

Then I have change my configuration - I have added the "register false"
parameter into my Gateway configuration and the result is that I am not
longer able to call any of my Gateway SIP endpoint from FS, but FS is still
able to receive the incoming calls from the Gateway, so I have lost the
outgoing calls.
I wondering if such configuration is in fact supported? I have 2 book about
FS and in both of them there are only examples with registration set to
true. I was looking in google for some help, but I have only found that I
need to set the call authentication to false - but this was my default
setting actually.

Thank you for help in that topic.