[Freeswitch-users] Billing options

Callum Guy callum.guy at x-on.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 16:29:53 MSK 2014

Hi All,

I have been looking at some options for handling pre and post pay billing
operations and wanted to ask the community for any feedback they might have.

The obvious starting choice would be mod_nibblebill however i am unclear
about the maturity of this module and its flexibility with ever changing
rates and destinations, although I could probably work around it if stable.
Part of me also wonders if inclusion of billing in heartbeat events is
going to affect performance at peak times.

Another option being considered is the following and i'd be keen to hear
from anyone with experience of this software:

http://portaone.com/portabilling/

It offers complete pre and post pay billing solution via radius, sounds
like a clean and simple implementation but i'm struggling to anyone who has
used it for a realistic review!

Thanks,

Callum