[Freeswitch-users] Play IVR Before Answer

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Wed Jan 29 00:08:24 MSK 2014

I don't know how to do IVR this way but… this may help you get started: What you want is to dynamically create early media. Our calls use early media to say hello "name" to the person and change instructions and the music in early media. This is done by setting the "ringback" variable. Before the bridge I call a LUA program that looks up the incoming number and creates the early media string and sets the "ringback" variable before returning (it does many other things as well). If all you want to do when someone calls in is to say "Hi Mario, you have a credit of 34.64", it can be done with a little work. This is NOT IVR though.

Before messing with IVR note this IMPORTANT FACT: Most (all?) ITSPs limit how long they will ring (send early media) before doing something else, in my case the max I can set ringing to is 60 seconds before they send to VM, etc on their end. That means I am limited to early media of 60 seconds which my LUA program dynamically calculates and ensures we don't go past 55 seconds.
Good luck
Mario G