[Freeswitch-users] Gateway configuration with specified profile

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Tue Jan 21 21:13:24 MSK 2014

One possibility is to duplicate your public sip profile and modify it to
use nat.auto and tell it to listen on the internal interface on a
different port. If you register to these gateways, they will be aware of
the port, otherwise you'll need to manually configure them. It should
also be possible to modify your existing profile to listen on both, and
trigger nat based on origin using acl. Depending on your security needs,
you could also add your gateways to the existing internal profile.

I had to do something similar for a gateway that would trigger nat
behaviour even though it was in the local lan. I found that all three
ways worked with some tweaking. It mostly boils down to preference and
security as to which is best.

Francis