[Freeswitch-users] Problems migrating from CentOS to Ubuntu

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 19:54:49 MSK 2014

I personally run as far away as I can from that ubuntu 12.  It has been
nothing but problems.
Do you have a use case that requires it?  If you are just looking for
something newer and more stable try Debian 7.
If you need ubuntu, you might want to try 13.  But since that is a bleeding
one, you may find all new problems.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Yehavi Bourvine
<yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I am trying to migrate my FreeSwitch from CentOS servers to Ubuntu
> server, and face two problems which happen on the Ubuntu but not on CentOS.
>
> Environment:
> Production: CentOS 5.9, physical machines, works OK.
> Development: CentOS 6.5, virtual machine, works OK
> Test: Ubuntu 12.0.4LTS, virtual machine, problematic.
>
> All run Freeswitch 1.2.17
>
> The two problems I have, using the same configuration files:
>
>    - After a few hours FS hangs accessing the database (MySQL via ODBC).
>    The hung query is:
>    | 175 | fs_core | localhost:53718 | fs_core | Query   |    34 |
>    updating | delete from sip_registrations where expires > 0 and expires <=
>    1389877518 and hostname='old-control' |
>    BTW, select with the above conditions returns null set.
>    - TLS registration fails. After "client hello" FS machine rejects it
>    with "handshake error". At the debug I get only a message which states a
>    reason of 1.
>
> Has anyone else notices these issues or have an idea what is wrong with
> the Ubuntu setup? I don't think the problem is with FS as it works ok on
> CentOS.
>
>                          Thanks! __Yehavi:

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬