[Freeswitch-users] Measuring MOS Score - XML CDR

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Thu Jan 16 19:53:12 MSK 2014

If you take a look at the headers, it's somewhat self explanatory -- this
is for a 53 second call.
First it has the raw bytes in -- which includes dtmf, comfort noise, etc.
Then it's broken down for where specifically it came.
If media_bytes or packets is 0 for either side, that will indicate real 1
way audio (assuming FS is in the media path).

"skip", "jb" (jitter buffer) and "flush" are all probably bad things.
On the way out, that means either the CPU couldn't keep up or maybe some
issue with the input (not sure about the last one)
But for the inbound, that's an indication of some issue with the incoming
media. It could be a real issue with the remote endpoint, or might just be
a temporary issue with the link.
Adding skip+flush = 55 packets. Of the total media packets 2574, let's find
a percentage: 55/2574 = 2.1% hmm. I'm not sure if that number means
anything, but it's the percentage of incoming packets that went awry in
some manner.

I see there's some past discussion on the mailing list -- it would be great
if someone could pull together a wiki page that has all the *accurate *
details...

rtp_audio_in_raw_bytes 447772  rtp_audio_in_media_bytes 442728
rtp_audio_in_packet_count2743 rtp_audio_in_media_packet_count2574
rtp_audio_in_skip_packet_count38 rtp_audio_in_jb_packet_count0
rtp_audio_in_dtmf_packet_count 152  rtp_audio_in_cng_packet_count 0
rtp_audio_in_flush_packet_count 17  rtp_audio_in_largest_jb_size

0 rtp_audio_out_raw_bytes 364640  rtp_audio_out_media_bytes 364640
rtp_audio_out_packet_count2120 rtp_audio_out_media_packet_count2120
rtp_audio_out_skip_packet_count0 rtp_audio_out_dtmf_packet_count0
rtp_audio_out_cng_packet_count

0  rtp_audio_rtcp_packet_count 0 rtp_audio_rtcp_octet_count 0

-Avi Marcus

1-718-989-9485 (USA)
1-866-202-5850 (USA & Canada Toll Free)
02-372-1570 (Israel)