[Freeswitch-users] [Config Problem] RTP Communication to callee interrupted

Mitja unau0 at gmx.de
Thu Jan 9 18:01:23 MSK 2014

Hey all,

I have problem after upgrading to fs stable 1.2.17 (also earlier stables
like 1.2.14 for that matter). The configuration Ive been using for years
(more or less) shows some serious issues with a newer release. To be
more precise: Sporadically but in every call FreeSWITCH does not send
some RTP packets to the callee. By a network trace I can see that the
RTP packets from the caller are actually received by the server.

I even enabled the following lines in switch_rtp.c
#define DEBUG_2833
#define RTP_DEBUG_WRITE_DELTA
#define DEBUG_MISSED_SEQ

But still can't see any error or clue what happened to those packets.
The only thing I see, is that there is a big delta between the last send
RTP packets (which is true obviously):

2014-01-08 18:39:46.258984 [ERR] switch_rtp.c:4433 WRITE 172 delta 37059

Now I did not open a jira because when I tested the same setup with a
close to standard config (I just changed the dialplan and directory to
suit my test setup) it all worked fine. So the conclusion is obviously
that I have a configuration issue. But I have no idea where to start, so
I hope maybe someone can point me in a direction.
Any help is appreciated.

In short:
FS git-1d3417a 2011-06-07 17-35-49 [I know its old] with own config ->
works fine
FS 1.2.17 with own config -> RTP hickups
FS 1.2.17 with default config -> works fine

Regards,
Mitja