[Freeswitch-users] Need a help with start_dtmf

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Feb 19 18:36:20 MSK 2014

I highly suspect you receive phone calls from providers that don’t support RFC2833, fun thing is some providers do send 2833 but never say telephony-event in the SDP on the invite… which is silly.  If you look at the default dial plan in FreeSWITCH you’ll see this:

      <condition field="${switch_r_sdp}" expression="a=rtpmap:(\d+)\stelephone-event/8000" break="never">
        <action application="set" data="rtp_payload_number=$1"/>
        <anti-action application="start_dtmf"/>
      </condition>

This will look at the SDP and toggle on start_dtmf if no telephony-event is present in the inbound invite.

--
Brian West
brian at freeswitch.org
FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC
PO BOX 2531
Brookfield, WI 53008-2531
Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

T: +1.918.420.9001  |  F: +1.918.420.9002  |  M: +1.918.424.WEST
iNUM: +883 5100 1420 9001
ISN: 410*543
Skype:briankwest
PGP Key: http://www.bkw.org/key.txt (AB93356707C76CED)