[Freeswitch-users] Can FS benefit from multicores processor Linux?

Donny Hardyanto hardyanto.donny at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 13:37:05 MSK 2014

Hi,
 I need help in best practice using FS.

My question is single installation box of FS can gain benefit from the
multicore processor and huge memory? Like the performance and capacity of
FS will increase from 1 core to 4 cores or even 16 cores? Or if not, can we
still gain benefit by using multple VM (each 1 core) in one box? We are
talking in Linux of course, using Ubuntu or CentOS.

Of cource I am not asking for maximum capacity, because it will be vary
between implementation and I know we all hate that question (because what
follow after that :) ).

Thanks,

Donny