[Freeswitch-users] Redirecting traffic - Freeswitch vs Kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 21:01:19 MSK 2014

On 04/02/14 11:56, Alex Lake wrote:
> If I want to set up a SIP redirector for small call volumes (eg.
> <1/second), can Freeswitch do as good a job as Kamailio?
> The idea is that we get a call in from a PSTN-SIP gateway and then
> re-route to another box depending on the number being called.
> Just wondering if there's any difference in the signalling, which I
> presume is either a 302 or a SIP re-invite (but please correct me if I'm
> wrong!).
>
> At what kind of call volumes might one choose to switch to a more
> dedicated SIP proxy?
A proper question of volume would be not about good traffic, but about
all the traffic, which is a matter of whether the system is on the
public net or not and then can face d/dos attacks. A proxy could be the
solution for a lightweight SIP firewall in this case, even when the main
routing logic is in a b2bua.

Cheers,
Daniel

Join us at Kamailio World Conference 2014 - http://www.kamailioworld.com