[Freeswitch-users] a1-hash for reverse-auth-pass

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 15:47:44 MSK 2014

Probably possible with a patch to sofia_reg.c lines 2414-2435, but it'll
only work if you know the Realm the phone sends in advance.

A1 hash can work easily inbound since the server sets the realm and so you
know it, but it'll be far more unpredictable with user endpoints. In
particular it'll work when they call from one phone and fail from others
when they don't use the same realm.

It'll also rely on the Sofia-SIP stack exposing the ability - looking at
the API I don't see an equivalent of NUTAG_AUTH that takes a hash.