[Freeswitch-users] Video Phones for hard of hearing - Request for Comments

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Wed Feb 5 20:59:25 MSK 2014

Hi All,

I want to get peoples comments on their experience with Video Phones through FS.  I saw a lot of discussion getting things ironed out and working, now I want to know what people think.

My mom is significantly hard of hearing.  Even with here top of the line $6K hearing aids she struggles in many environments.  Telephones are a problem area, even though they all say Hearing Aid Loop compatible, they generally suck at it.  The only solution I have found for her to date is a high quality conference room speaker phone and that is still with lots of "say that again."

She does better in person because of the broader audio range and much better when she can see your mouth.  So, I am wondering if a Video Phone or PC Video phone software are options?  I realize it will only help when someone calls from a video phone.  But, that takes care of ME calling her, everyone else can buy their own!

Thanks for your input.

Sean