[Freeswitch-users] Differrent codec parameters (fmtp) per leg

Thomas Auge auge at virtues.net
Wed Dec 24 04:26:49 MSK 2014

Is it a supported configuration to have different formats for the same codec on each end? I.e. for Opus if one leg sends
stereo and the other doesn't, or if they send with different bitrates?

I built a webRTC app a while ago, which works like that, and it's not a problem in Chrome. But as I started to work with
Freeswitch I realized this is probably not the way it is meant to be done. :-) Would it cause issue or do some codecs
not care what they are being fed for decoding?