[Freeswitch-users] strange issue in video call

Stefano Sasso stesasso at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 21:37:45 MSK 2014

Hi guys,
  I am encountering a strange issue in video calls.
Please note that I cannot use proxy-media or bypass-media, because I need
to have audio transcoding.
(I tried with version 1.4.14 - but encountered the same problem in 1.2.x)

So, in my sofia profile configuration I have as inbound-codec-prefs and
outbound-codec-prefs the following string:
OPUS,PCMU,PCMA,GSM,H264
I have the late-codec-negotiation and renegotiate-codec-on-reinvite set to
true.
I am NOT using early audio. (just to clarify)

when A starts a call in audio only mode (only m=audio in sdp), on the B-leg
I always see also the m=video sdp part.
So, after the call is established, if from A I start sending a video, the B
UAC receives it.
But, if I start sending the video from B, there is no re-invite (I think
it's because the B UAC thinks the video channel is already up), so the
video ends in freeswitch (A UAC never receives the video - it has only a
m=audio channel!).

If I start the call with the video from the beginning, everything works
fine.
I also tried to remove the H264 from the outbound-codec-prefs, but in that
case the reinvite with the video does not work.

Is there a way to fix that behaviour?
(send the m=video in the B-leg only if present in the A-leg, and then
accept the re-INVITEs with the m=video from A-leg or B-leg)

thanks!
bests,
  stefano

--