[Freeswitch-users] Set sip_from_user with channel variable?

Bruce Lefko blefko5361 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 01:15:17 MSD 2014

My SIP provider requires me to pass the caller ID number using the SIP from
header and they ignore the value in the Remote Party ID field.

Is there a way to set a channel variable that will impact the SIP from
header?

I've tried setting sip_from_user, sip_auth_username, user_name to the
caller ID, but FreeSWITCH keeps defaulting to "FreeSWITCH" as the username.

My sip profile simply looks like this:

  <include>
     <gateway name="myprovider">
       <param name="proxy" value="THE_IP"/>